Situation of Vietnam’s squid and octopus exports in the first 5 months of 2023

Bởi Meksea Team - June 27, 2023

MEKSEA.COM – In the first 5 months of 2023, Vietnam’s squid and octopus exports reached more than 240 million USD, and in May reached 53 million USD.

In the context of inflation and the global economic downturn, Vietnam’s squid and octopus to the main markets have reduced, except Japan. Exporting to small countries like Malaysia, Australia, Taiwan, Philippines has positive signs, recording an increase of 13-75%.



In the structure of exported squid and octopus products, squid accounted for 57%, the rest octopus accounted for 43%. In the first 5 months of 2023, the value of squid exports decreased by 11%; octopus exports decreased by 15% compared to the same period in 2022.

As of May 2023, Vietnam’s squid and octopus products have been exported to 65 markets, of which the top 10 largest importers of squid and octopus in Vietnam include South Korea, Japan, and Thailand. , China and Hong Kong, Italy, USA, Malaysia, Taiwan, Spain and France.

Korea is the largest import market of Vietnam’s squid and octopus, accounting for 35%. In the first 5 months of this year, squid and octopus exports to South Korea reached 84 million USD, down 13%. Octopus is Vietnam’s main export product to this market. Korea, mainly imports from Vietnam octopus, cut frozen, whole octopus cleaned and frozen.


Some cephalopods products Meksea would like to offer you


→  Baby Octopus

→  Cuttlefish Roll

→  Whole Cleaned Squid

→  Whole Round Squid

→  Matsukasa

→  Cuttlefish Fillet

Please visit Meksea website to explore our cephalopods products:

Meksea always pays particular attention to product quality to secure each consumer’s family member’s health and set their mind at rest by bringing in true quality seafood products.

Are you looking for pangasius products for your sales plan 2022? Contact Meksea right now for the best offers.



By Hayati (Meksea Team)


(Reference: VASEP)


If you found this topic interesting, please click the Like button below, so we may continue to expand this topic. Leave a comment with your thoughts for the author team to discuss


Meksea’s Fanpage